New Account Checklist
Before you begin a new account application, make sure you have the following information
- Credit union or bank transit#, institution#, and your account#
- An email address
- Account confirmation letter (optional), visit our FAQs for more on confirmation letters, see sample letter here.
For each person applying, you’ll also need
- Government issued ID (driver's license, passport or permanent residence card)
- Social Insurance Number (S.I.N.)
- Employer's name and address
- Spouse's or common-law partner's S.I.N. and employer's name
- For registered accounts, your beneficiary's S.I.N.
What happens when I finish my application?
Once your application is complete, you'll be asked to print, sign and mail in some documents and a personal cheque for $10 ($2,000 for margin and options accounts).
Next, we’ll give you early access to explore our research, tools, and site. You'll receive your User ID and passwords within 1-2 business days.
When can I start trading?
Once we receive all your signed account application and supporting documentation, we will turn on the switch and you can start investing.